Established
1917
Present tower
1946
Tower height
79' (24m)
Focal height
102' (31m)
Open to public?
 Grounds only

Also known as: Malarrif Lighthouse

A light station was first established at Malarrif in 1917. The original 20 meter tall iron tower was constructed in Reykjavík and transported into place on the south coast of the Snæfells peninsula. After exposure to the elements caused the lighthouse to rust, a new cylindrical, four-buttressed tower was constructed in 1946.

Members who have visited Malarrifsviti

Comments